How to Make Pony O’s
Making Cheerleading Pony O’s is a great way to show your support for your local school. Incorporate the school colors into these hair accessories for a fun and exciting look for all the members of the cheer squad.
Materials for Pony O’s
- Pony O’s or Hair Tie
- Glue Gun
- 3 spools of grosgrain or satin ribbon in sizes – 1 ½”, 7/8″, 5/8″
- Needle and thread
Instructions for Pony O’s
- Cut 20 inches of ribbon from each of the 3 ribbon sizes (1 ½”, 7/8″, 5/8″).
- Cut the ends of the ribbons in a “V” shape and heat seal the ends with a lighter.
- Put all of the ribbons together and fold them in half.
- Hold the top part of the fold with your fingers and run the needle and thread through the underside of the ribbon. Make sure there is a knot at the end of the thread.
- Pull the thread through until the knot stops it at the back.
- Lay the ribbon flat and hold in the middle with your fingers. Take the thread and start wrapping it tightly around the center of the ribbon. Wrap it around a few times until it is secured.
- Turn the ribbon over and place the Pony O on top of the ribbon where the thread is located.
- Wrap the thread around the Pony O and the ribbon. Keep wrapping until it is tight and secured.
- Once you feel that it is thoroughly secured, run the needle through the Pony O and stitch it with the ribbon. Then tie a knot and cut the thread.
- In order to cover the stitched area, cut a piece of the 5/8″ ribbon that is about 1 ½” long. Heat seal the edges.
- Turn the Pony O over on its back and place a small drop of hot glue on top of the thread.
- Take the piece of ribbon and place one end down on the glue.
- Wrap the piece of ribbon around the center and bring it to the back again.
- Place another dab of glue in the center and glue the other end of the ribbon to the center.