How To Make Ribbon Bookmarks with Buttons
Ribbon bookmarks with buttons are great gifts for friends, children, family, and just about anyone. You can make these ribbon bookmarks for your favorite book with a few simple steps. This particular bookmark has 3 separate ribbons so that you can use it to bookmark 3 different pages.
Materials for Ribbon Bookmarks
- 2 Buttons
- Ribbon (3 different colors or patterns of your choice)
- Pinking shears
- A bead
Instructions for Ribbon Bookmarks
- Using your pinking shears, cut the ribbon to the desire length based on the book you will be using it for. Leave an extra 1-2 inches of ribbon at the top and the bottom of the book.
- Gather your 3 ribbon pieces and stack them on top of each other. Fold about an inch of the ribbon at the top.
- Take your needle and thread and sew one of the buttons onto where you folded the ribbon
- Flip the ribbon to the backside. Line up the holes of the second button with the button on the front. Sew the second button onto the backside of the ribbon.
- Cut the thread and tie it off.
- Flip the bookmark over to the front side. Using your hot glue gun, glue the bead to cover up the two holes on the front button.