How to Make a Pinwheel Bow
This tutorial offers a simple way to create a pinwheel style hair bow. It can be glued onto an alligator pinch clip for a cute hair accessory.
- 7/8” grosgrain ribbon
- Cut 26 -28 inch piece of the ribbon.
- Take one end of the ribbon and measure 3” in and create a loop from that point using the long tail end of the ribbon.
- Once you have your first loop formed, take the long tail end again and create a second loop. Tuck this loop under the first.
- Take the long tail again and create a third loop that is the same size (the third loop should be next to your first loop).
- Take the long tail again and create the fourth loop (the fourth loop should be next to your second loop).
- Now you should have four loops. Holding the ribbon piece in the center, make a threefold crease in the middle.
- Secure the crease with thread.
- Tug and adjust the tails and loops so that it resembles a pinwheel.
- Cut the ends of the ribbon tails diagonally and heat seal them.