How to Make a Ribbon Flower
Here is another tutorial on creating cute accessories with ribbon. This ribbon flower can be glued to hair barrettes, headbands, pins or even flip flops.
Materials for Making a Ribbon Flower
- 3/8” ribbon (any color or type)
- Alligator pinch clip
- Hot glue gun
- Measuring tape
- Cut a strip of ribbon that is 4.5” in length and heat seal the edges.
- Starting with one end of the ribbon strip, cover an inch of it with hot glue.
- Open the alligator clip and slide the ribbon inside of it. The hot glue should be sticking to the top prong of the clip.
- Put some glue on the top of the clip and wrap the ribbon over the hot glue.
- Place a dab of glue on the inside of the pinch part of the clip and run the ribbon over that part as well.
- Place some hot glue on the remaining part of the ribbon and glue it to the bottom of the clip. You should now have a lined alligator clipped.
- Cut four pieces of ribbon that are each 8 inches long and heat seal the edges.
- Take one of the ribbon pieces and form a loop by overlapping the ends together. Secure it in place with a dab of hot glue.
- Form an “8” shape with the loop by placing a dab of glue in the middle of the loop, then twisting the ribbon slightly as you press down.
- Repeat steps 8-9 for the remaining pieces of ribbon.
- Once you have all four of your figure eights, stack them so that they resemble a flower shape.
- Use hot glue to secure them in place.
- Glue the button to the center of your flower piece.
- Take your lined hair clip and place a dab of glue on top. Press it onto the back of your flower piece.