How to Make a Ladybug Hair Clip
Every little girl loves beautiful hair clips and what’s better than making one on your own to give to your daughter, granddaughter, or niece? This ladybug hair clip is perfect to wear with a sundress during spring or summer. Best of all, this ladybug hair clip is rather easy to make so that you can make multiple clips, not only in ladybug style but with other colors and patterns to match any outfit.
Materials for a Ladybug Hair Clip:
- 3/8” Red/black polka dot grosgrain ribbon
- 3/8” Black grosgrain ribbon
- Alligator clip
- Hot glue
- Measuring tape
Instructions for Ladybug Hair Clip:
- Cut 4 inches of the 3/8” black ribbon and cover about an inch of the ribbon with hot glue
- Clamp down the alligator clip onto the center of the ribbon where the glue is
- Place some hot glue on the top of the clip and run the ribbon along the top
- Turn the clip over, put a dab of glue on the end of the clip and press the ribbon down. Set the clip aside
- Cut 3 ½” of the red/black polka dot ribbon. Loop it into a circle and use glue to secure it in place.
- Cut 2 ½” of black ribbon and loop it into a circle. Use glue to secure it n place.
- Cut 1 ½” of red/black polka dot ribbon. Loop it into a circle and use glue to secure it in place.
- Take the black circle and put a dab of glue inside of it. Take the smallest red/black dot circle and adhere it to the glue.
- Take the large red/black dot circle and place a dab of glue inside of it. Then take the black circle (that now has the smaller red/black dot circle attached to it) and adhere to the glue.
- Repeats step 5-10 so that you have 2 sets of loops
- Put a dab of glue on top of the alligator clip and adhere one set of the loops onto the clip.
- Put another dab of glue next to the secured set of loops on the clip. Adhere the second set of loops onto the alligator clip.
- Voila! A ladybug Hair clip is done.