How to Make Ribbon Awards
These DIY ribbon awards can be used to congratulate your child on anything from getting straight A’s in school to scoring the winning goal at the soccer game. They are easy to make and handy to have around the house. Make your child feel like a winner every time by creating these wonderful ribbon awards.
Materials for Ribbon Awards
- 2 index cards
- 3/4” Poly Satin Ribbon
- Gold Medallion stickers
- Permanent marker
Instructions for Ribbon Awards
- Take an index card and fold in half
- Trace a circle that is 2 ½ inches in diameter on the card
- Cut out the circle – You should have 2 circles since the index card was originally folded in half
- Cut out 7 pieces of Poly Satin ribbon. Each piece should be 11 inches long
- Create loops with 6 of the Poly Satin ribbon pieces. You can do this by taking a piece of ribbon and bringing the edges to the middle. Then tape it in the middle. This should create two even loops on both sides. Do this to 6 of the Poly Satin ribbon pieces.
- Arrange the loops that you created on one of the index card circles so that it creates a flower-like pattern.
- Staple in the middle to secure the flower pattern
- Turn your ribbon award over and put glue on the back of the index card circle.
- Take the second index card circle and paste it on top of the first circle to cover up the staples
- Turn over the ribbon award again to its front side
- Grab the second index card and create a base for the medallion sticker by cutting out a circle that is smaller than the medallion sticker
- Tape this circle in the middle and paste the medallion sticker on top of the circle
- Write anything on the sticker. (E.G. 1st place, Best Player, Student of the Month, etc)