How to Make a Deco Mesh Wreath for the Holidays
Happy Holidays, Ribbons.com! I’m Loraine and I’m going to teach you how to make your very own deco mesh wreath for the holidays. My mom Silvia is actually the crafter who designed and made this gorgeous Deco Mesh Wreath. She’s quite crafty and I give her full credit for how wonderful this wreath turned out. To make your very own, read the how-to tutorial below. Thanks for stopping by and hope you create a wonderful deco mesh wreath that you can show off to your guests this holiday season. Happy crafting!
Materials to Make a Deco Mesh Wreath
- Green 21″ Deco Mesh Ribbons
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 6″ Red Random Mesh Fabric
- 1-1/2″ Green Jute Ribbon
- 1-1/2″ Silver Metallic Mesh Ribbon
- Wreath frame with adjustable branches (You can purchase one at the Dollar Tree) – if you use a Styrofoam frame instead, you’ll need floral wire or zip ties.
- Berries for adorning
Directions on Making a Deco Mesh Wreath
- Start wrapping your green deco mesh ribbon around your wreath frame. Place your deco mesh over your wreath frame, moving in a circular motion to cover the whole frame. Keep fluffing up the mesh and bunching as you move along and use the wired branches to keep the green deco mesh ribbon in place (if you don’t have wired branches, use floral wire or zip ties to keep the mesh in place). You’ll want to spread out the bunches by 2 to 3 inches to create gorgeous volume. Once you have completely wrapped the wreath, cut the deco mesh off of the spool with scissors.
- Next, apply your red random mesh fabric in between the deco mesh ribbon bunches. The goal is to cover the wreath frame completely with layers and layers of deco mesh and ribbons. Wrap your random mesh fabric around the wreath using the wired branches or floral wire or zip ties.
- Continue this process of adding on layer after layer with your metallic mesh ribbon and your green jute ribbon.
- Once the wreath is completely full, glue on embellishments like berries and ornaments with your hot glue gun.
- Just hang up your Deco Mesh Wreath and you’re finished!
Here’s a video from Prairie Gardens IL if you need a visual on how to create this: