How to Create a Football Bow in Time for Kick-Off
Hike, Set, Go! Football season starts this weekend, and we made the perfect craft to celebrate the return of the NFL. Who said football is a man’s sport? Add this football bow to a headband, belt, or even a bowl of Ranch dip, and you’ll be celebrating the pigskin just right.
Materials for Making a Football Bow
- 1/4 inch Satin Ribbon (about 4 yards)
- Football foam
- Glue Gun
- Measuring Tape
Directions on How to Make a Football Bow
- Cut 12 pieces of ribbon from your spool using your measuring tape for accuracy. You’ll need 4 pieces of 12-inch ribbon, 4 pieces of 10-inch ribbon, and 4 pieces of 8-inch ribbon.
- Gently seal each end of your ribbon strips with a lighter. To avoid burning the ribbon, switch your lighter on and quickly run your ribbon end under the flame. You should only have it under the flame for less than a second.
- With your four 12-inch ribbon strips, start gluing both ends together using your glue gun. You will be creating four separate circles (see photo).
- Form each circle into a “figure 8” shape and glue to keep position. Be sure that the overlap is in the middle, so when you put your football on, it will be hidden.
- Glue one “Figure 8” shape onto the other “Figure 8” shape.
- Glue all four 12-inch pieces together. turning the “Figure 8” shapes to make a flower.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 for your 10-inch ribbon strips and your 8-inch ribbon strips. You should end up with 3 ribbon flowers.
- Glue all three ribbon flowers together. Stack the 10-inch ribbon flower on top the 12-inch and the 8-inch on top of the 10-inch.
- Glue your football in the middle, and voila complete!