How to Make a Grosgrain Ribbon Hair Bow
Here’s a great video tutorial on how to make a grosgrain ribbon hair bow:
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
Materials for Making a Grosgrain Ribbon Hair Bow:
- 30 -32 inches of grosgrain ribbon 1 ½”
- 5/8” matching grosgrain ribbon
- Alligator pinch Hair clip
- Pair of scissors
- Hot glue gun
Instructions on How to Make a Grosgrain Ribbon Hair Bow:
- Heat seal the ends of your 1 ½” grosgrain ribbon with a lighter by moving it across the edges of the ribbon. This will prevent your ribbon from unraveling.
- Take the right side of the ribbon and form a loop with the tail facing down.
- Form a second loop by taking the ribbon from the other side (left hand side). Make sure that both loops are the same size.
- Create the third loop by forming a loop and tucking it under the shorter tail.
- Make the fourth loop by taking the remaining long tail and forming a loop by coming up and curving. The other end of the ribbon (tail) should be at the top and you should have 4 loops.
- Completely flip the bow upside down. The top tail should be at the bottom now.
- Create a three-fold-crease in the middle of the bow by pushing the top and the bottom together.
- Take the thread and wrap it around the middle to secure the bow. Make a knot with thread and clip off any excess string.
- Cut the tail of the ribbon at an angle.
- Take the alligator pinch clip and place some hot glue on the center of the clip. Glue the clip onto the back of the bow.
- Keeping the clip open, wrap some thread around the bow and the inside of the clip. Tie a secure knot. Clip off any excess thread.
- Open the hair clip again and put a dab of hot glue in the middle.
- Take the 5/8 inch ribbon and put the tip right on the glue.
- Holding the hair clip open, wrap the 5/8 inch ribbon around the bow tightly. Go around at least twice, glue the end and then cut off the excess ribbon.
- Take the lighter and run it across the end of ribbon.
- Clip off any loose threads and use the lighter to get rid of frays or excess glue.
Now, you have a grosgrain ribbon hair bow to wear!