How to Make A Ghost Hair Clip for Halloween
Halloween is right around the corner and to get into the spirit, why not make these cute ghost hair clips? These one-of-a-kind ghost hair clips are fun, creative, and make a great hair accessory for Halloween.
Materials for a Ghost Hair Clip:
- 3/8” Black grosgrain ribbon
- 1 ½” white grosgrain ribbon
- 5/8” orange grosgrain ribbon
- Wiggly eyes
- Hot Glue gun
- Alligator clip
Instructions for Making a Ghost Hair Clip:
- Cut three pieces of 1 ½” white grosgrain ribbon that are each 3 inches long
- Cut one end of each piece of ribbon into a “V” shape and heat seal the edges.
- Arrange the 3 pieces so that the middle one is completely visible and the two surrounding pieces are partially visible. Glue them in this arrangement.
- Now take the corners of the two edge pieces and fold them over to the back so that only the middle piece is completely visible. Glue the edges onto the back. The ribbon should now resemble a ghost.
- Glue the wiggly eyes onto the white ribbon
- Open the alligator clip and glue the white ribbon arrangement onto the inside of the clip.
- Take the black grosgrain ribbon and cut an 8” strip.
- Cover about 1” of the strip with hot glue and clamp down the alligator clip onto the center of the ribbon
- Place some hot glue on the top of the clip and run the ribbon along the top
- Turn the clip over, put a strip of glue on the bottom of the clip and press the ribbon down.
- Open the clip up again and place some glue on the inside (on top of the white ribbon that is glued to the clip). Run the black strip of ribbon inside of the clip so that it adheres to the glue.
- Cut off any excess ribbon that is left from the black strip
- Use the orange ribbon to make a small bow and heat seal the ends
- Glue the orange bow onto the front of the clip