How to Make an Elephant Ribbon Hair Clip
Animal bows have always been a hit hair accessory among kids. Create this unique elephant ribbon hair clip using grosgrain ribbon. It only takes a few minutes and the end product is amazing!
Materials for an Elephant Ribbon Hair Clip
- 1 ½” grey grosgrain ribbon
- 3/8” satin print ribbon
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
- Measuring tape
- Alligator clip (lined with ribbon strip)
Ribbon Hair Clip Instructions
- Cut two pieces of the grey grosgrain ribbon. One piece should be 11” and the other 5”. Heat seal the edges.
- Take the 11” of ribbon and overlap the two ends
- Flip it over to the front side and do a threefold crease. It should look like a tuxedo bow.
- Secure the middle with thread.
- Take the 5” ribbon and glue one end of it to the backside of the bow.
- Bring the other end of the ribbon over the top of the bow. This will be the head & trunk of the elephant.
- Fold the ribbon hot dog style and put some glue in the middle to hold it in place.
- Glue the googly eyes onto the head of the elephant.
- Optional step: Make a tiny bow with the 3/8” satin print ribbon and glue it to one of the elephant’s ears.
- Glue the elephant bow onto a lined alligator clip.